Dessert: Dahi Wara




I finally got back in the kitchen!

For my birthday my brother and sister made me a book of my first year blogging. It's a nice remainder that I actually very much enjoy the process of cooking and sharing my experience. Moving forward my goal is to do weekly posts and keep at it.

Over the weekend I made Dahi Wara (dahi means yogurt). Dahi wara are served as deserts, easy to make, and light for a dessert. They are little buttons of heaven.

Makes 16.
Ingredients:


1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sooji
3 tbsp melted ghee
1/4 tsp baking powder
Plain Yogurt to bind
Orange food color

For syrup:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

Method:

In a food processor add flour, sooji, ghee, baking powder, and orange color (enough for the dough to catch the color). Then slowly add plain yogurt to bind all the ingredients together. Keep the dough aside for an hour.




While the dough kept aside, make the sugar syrup. In a pan add sugar and water, over medium heat let this mixture dissolve, until is thin in consistency, meaning when you dip your wooden spatula and pull it out there should be three drops of the mixture (on the third drop it a long thread should form).

Then roll out the dough and cut out small round circles.




Over medium heat fry until golden brown. Dip the dahi wara one by one in the sugar syrup and remove set it in another bowl, if you leave it in sugar syrup they become a bit soggy. Let it cool at room temperature and then serve.


0 comments:

Post a Comment